Friday, December 30, 2011

Feelin' Good Again

So I've sort of figured out why I've been dreading going to work lately. Ready for this? It's boring. No, seriously. Hanging clothes on hangers, sorting them by size, and putting them on racks is boring. I DO get a kick cleaning up after people in the dressing room. ... okay. I don't. It must be the children that run through the racks and rip the tags off the clothes. No! It's the parents that let their children do that. All wise cracks and jokes aside: my job in deathly boring. I'm not saying I do everything perfect and I have no room to improve, but I would love some guidance on how to get it that way.

One more tangent about children in shopping facilities. I am not a mommy. I do not have children, obviously. Therefore I do not have my own parenting skills to judge against others. HOWEVER, if telling your child (I counted this today. This is a true story.) 18 (yes.) times to stop touching something doesn't work I'm going to need some additional discipline. Time out. Leave the store. Something. Also, just because you can tolerate your child's high pitched and out of control tantrums doesn't mean the rest of us in the store can. Please take the child outside or somewhere else. We don't all have to be punished for your child's issues. PLEASE. Seeing other people's children is sealing the deal on me not wanting to have children. EVER. 

Then of course there is Miles P. He's a perfect angel. MY perfect angel. :)

Anyway, I didn't really mean to start today complaining about children. I meant to start with my encouraging Hall's cough drop from yesterday. Japanese people eat cough drops like candy. Seriously, they think cough drops are candy. *Think about that cough drop companies.* So a Japanese lady hands me one yesterday and I can't say no as I'm a sucker for grapefruit. Upon opening I notice words on encouragement written all over it. "You can do it." "Push on through." "Don't stop now." WHY in the world is that written on a cough drop? I do love the small touches on things. I like the extra effort that companies put in, but encouragement? On a cough drop? How about things like: "Rest," "Drink lots of water," "Take it Easy"? Encouragement on a cough drop is like giving a runner advice on completing the SAT. Unnecessary but nice in some way.

I think that's it for today. I'm really not as bitter as it sounds. Tired and a little cranky, but who doesn't get like that, right? RIGHT!?

Love you guys!

2 comments:

  1. They also think cough drops are a cure for everything that ails you. Sore throat? Cough drop. Head ache? Cough drop. Broken bone? Grind up that cough drop and rub it on in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. But can they "cauterize them shits?"

    ReplyDelete