So a lot of people want to keep up with my life more than the thrice monthly joke link I post on Facebook. I just don't see why that won't suffice. Additionally, I've been told my writing skills are, we'll say decent to keep my head from inflating. That leads us all here.
Welcome.
I'm against blogs for a few reasons. Mostly being, who really cares? I mean, really. It's a journal of self-absorption. Then there's the privacy concerns about who I can talk about, what is taboo, what if work starts reading it? I intend to leave this as a "family" blog. You know... since that who I am trying to keep up to date. Funny how that works out. I am working on getting over myself for the greater good of the people who care about me (Amber specifically).
In an effort to get us all up to date or on the same (web)page here is where I am in life right now. I am living in Okinawa, Japan with my for-now-nameless roommate (FNNR). I was living here with Andy since late 2009 but life changes have separated us. He'll be leaving for Mountain Home, Idaho in January leaving me stranded on this island. Okay, not stranded, but I'm not a fan of living here. Oh, why do I stay you ask? Because I love my ever-frustrating job. I love who I work for and I love retail. I work for the Airmen, Soldiers, Sailors, and Marines and their dependents. I actually take pride in that, but also get frustrated at "those customers." I'm sure you'll hear about them in future posts so I'll just leave that alone for now.
I recently got over my final two humps and landed myself in graduate school through Troy University. I always knew I'd end up in graduate school just not sure on the details. My first hump was my self-defeatist attitude. I really didn't think I could do it. One Facebook post later and that hump is conquered. The remaining hump was taking the Miller Analogy Test. Lots of fretting, nerves, and pep talks from my FNNR later I passed the MAT no problem and am, dare I say, looking forward to my first class?
This is where I am at in my life. I'm 29, mommy to my cat Mizuno, aunt to the FNNR's cat, and lucky aunt of Miles P - my favorite man. Welcome to my corner of the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment