Saturday, December 24, 2011

Tales Of Brave Ulysses

This blog posting is brought to you via a very special Christmas gift. 

I have been mildly stressing about actually taking my Master's classes. Dreading the paper writing, wondering if I'll find the books interesting, wondering if I'm even going to enjoy the classes... but all of those worries have been solved by a gift my FNNR bought me for Christmas:

Yes. That is a crystal covered zebra print keyboard and mouse. I am typing on a crystal covered zebra print keyboard. And it is wonderful. It matches my zebra print scentsy, my zebra print trash can, and my newly acquired zebra print blanket. My zebra print rug is on the way. I don't know why I have a particular affinity for the print of a zebra. I don't really care one way or another for the animal but I love the zebra print and how it has absolutely no place as decoration in a house; much less a keyboard and mouse. 

I laughed until I cried when I opened it. The mouse actually lights up in a nifty blue color under the rhinestones. It is perfectly horrific. (Side note to Jackie: it kinda makes me miss Doris - a lot.)

The cats are happy - even the I-Refuse-To-Be-Happy Goliath that waddles around the apartment. We gave them wet food and they opened their stockings. Mizuno actually broke into a run (well... fast walk) and played with a toy! For those in Japan if you felt a mild earthquake tonight, that's what it was.  

It will be early to bed for the 38th Chamber tonight. We have a 7 am appointment with a very excited six year old tomorrow to see Santa's deliveries. And while I have every intention of going to bed early FNNR is playing Skyrim and I don't see a near bedtime in our futures. 

Oh and while I have your captivated attention: I am now the proud adopted mommy of a seahorse! I need help thinking of a name. I don't know the sex, but it's a seahorse so who really cares? I was going to go with "Fred Snaggletooth" but FNNR veto'd it. Help!

Merry Christmas guys; I love you forever!

1 comment: