I had a fairly frustrating day today. There's nothing like being continually undermined by your boss. Especially the day before you have an interview for a competing business. I'm just sayin'...
But instead of listening to Amos Lee and wallowing about in self-pity I'm going to listen to Amos Lee and think about what I'm thankful for. Being after Thanksgiving and almost Christmas it seems like a decent time.
- I HAVE a job when so many other more qualified others do not.
- I have autonomy on the job that others do not.
- I have a top of the line hand-made (with love!) computer that is so top of the line I don't even know how top of the line it is.
- I have internet access to tell you how awesome my top of the line computer is.
- I have a roommate that is paying my rent and allowing me to pay the bills and call it even.
- I have a fat, lazy cat who doesn't want anything to do with me and has switched allegiance to FNNR.
- I have a cute kitten roommate who follows me around and squeaks.
- I have a bed and a million comfortable blankets.
- I don't have food, but that's my own fault. I can't be bothered to go to the co-misary.
- I have a toaster oven that I can make muffins and biscuits in!!
- I have ice cube trays that flip out cute little wee ice cubes.
- I am enrolled and have a way to pay for Masters classes - this is of dubious thankful nature.
- I have a dependable mode of transportation.
- I am living in a foreign country while most of my NC friends haven't left the state, or worse, county.
- I am awesome at Scrabble and Words With Friends. Just sayin'...
- I have a few incredible friends that won't let me go no matter how distant or crazy to push away I am.
- At any given time of the day or night I can call those friends no matter what.
- I am intelligent.
- Both of my parents are still alive and love me to pieces.
- I have two step-parents and a set of step-grandparents who think of me no less than as their very own. I count myself blessed for that every single day.
- I have crazy siblings. C R A Z Y.
- Miles P. The best gift anyone could have given me.
- And lastly, that I came home to an email from Andy with this in it:
How can you honestly not be thankful for that?
Merry December 21st gang. I love you (I'm just sayin')!

tee hee!
ReplyDelete